The purpose of this tool is to list a number of tasks (or checklist) that might require to be completed be user.
The instructor sets the task list with a number of appropriate conditions for the user to check and complete when required.
In the author interface the instruction enters the check list with its conditions.
The basic tab displays the following fields:
- Description (as fckeditor)
There's button underneath description to "Add Task", when pressed a new layer displays:
- Description/Instructions: (as fckeditor)
- Is this tasks required to complete this activity (checkbox)
- Allow participants to add comments/files for this task (checkbox)
- This task is a child of [this other] parent task
- Don't display until parent has been completed [off by default] (checkbox)
Important considerations and constraints:
- There must be one or more tasks for this activity to be saved.
- We need the ability to delete, edit tasks
- We need to be able to move activities up or down on the list
- Lock when finished [off by default] (checkbox)
- Tasks have to be completed in sequential order [off by default] (checkbox)
- Add noticeboard after task [off by default]
[and fckeditor to enter reflection]
- Monitor need to verify these tasks before letting participants to complete activity [off by default] (checkbox)
- Participants can contribute tasks
All fields and behavior as usual
Task List is the first tool to have a Conditions page. This will follow the normal authoring page, accessed by a new button. When the "Edit Conditions" button is clicked, the tool should do the normal save (persisting all the data in the database) and then forward to a new tab with a single Conditions tab. It should still have the help button.
The tab should list any existing condition relating to this content, with the normal up and down arrow keys. Order is very important for conditions as the conditions will be tested in the order shown on the screen.
Then when the user edits a condition, or chooses to create a new condition, a new panel will appear. This panel will have an entry field for the condition name (just plain text box - fckeditor not required). Then all the tasks will be listed with check boxes. The user should select zero or more tasks. Then it will have the normal "+ Add" button to save the condition.
To store in the database, we will need a new Object TaskListCondition, with the following fields for
- taskList (pointer back to the main Task List content object)
- set<TaskListItem> taskListItems
The set of taskListItems will probably need to be done with a join table as TaskListCondition to TaskListItem is a many-to-many relationship. If that is too hard, then you could just store the uid's of the TaskListItem's in a set (the way that the LearnerProgress object stores the activity ids for completed and attempted tasks) but that makes the copy tool content harder.
The name field needs to be unique to this TaskList content. ie for any one TaskList content, the name of each condition must be unique. This is needed for defining the conditions in branching.
When copyToolContent is called, ensure that the TaskListConditions are duplicated - in case someone changes the original design after a lesson has started.
This tab will display:
If the Advanced option "Monitor need to verify these tasks before letting participants to complete activity" is ON
|User 1||[Complete for User 1]|
|User 2||[Complete for User 2]|
|Uset 3||[Complete for User 3]|
[Complete for User X] is a button that prompts the monitor whether he's sure about completing this activity for this user or not. If yes, then the activity is marked as completed for the specified user.
|User||Completed?||Time and Date|
|User 1||June 23, 2008 13:00|
|Uset 3||June 24, 2008 14:01|
Task 2 (this task is required to finish this activity)
|User||Completed?||Time and Date|
|User 1||June 24, 2008 16:10|
|Uset 3||June 25, 2008 18:31|
- (Parent activity: Task 1)
- Comments/files enabled
|User||Completed?||Time and Date||Comments/Files|
|User 1||June 25, 2008 06:10||I have completed this activity and the results are 123123. Find more information in the attached file report.doc|
If Advanced option: "" is ON
- Added by User2
User Completed? Time and Date User 1 User 2 Uset 3
(to be completed)
Note: Tasks added by users do not have the optionals as in Author