The LAMS server versions use the following naming convention:
- x.y.z releases are minor changes. This includes emergency fixes, bug fixes and minor enhancements.
- x.y releases are major functional changes. This will include adding new features to LAMS, in addition to some bug fixes and minor enhancements.
- Releases with a RCn suffix are release candidates. These are not intended for production release.
- 2.0 is the first production release for LAMS 2.0.
- 2.0.1 will be a mix of bug fixes and minor enhancements such as restricting the size of a file that a learner can upload.
- 2.1 will be contain significant functional changes such as branching.
- We may have a test release for v2.1, so that people can try out the new functionality on test servers before the functionality is finalized. If we do test releases then they will be marked 2.1RC1, 2.1RC2, etc.