Manual Testing LAMS Tools
Each LAMS Tool\ is different so it has to be tested using its own desired specifications. However, there a certain APIs and behaviours that are expected to fulfill the LAMS Tool Contract. This document aims to give a reference to tool testers on what and where to test in a LAMS tool.
These are important things to test to ensure the tool complies with the LAMS Tool Contract.
- does it have a Authoring URL?
- does it have the three tabs?
- does it have the minimum advanced features (lock when finished, reflective option)?
- does it have intructions tab?
- does it support copy or delete content when an activity is copied or deleted in the Authoring flash environment?
- does it provide a Preview URL? does it work when define later or work offline?
- FCKEditors using the standard tags for the instructions?
- does it follow the standard way of adding questions/choices/other options (see LDEV-648, LDEV-646)
- does it have the Monitor URL?
- does it have the 5 tabs?
- does it show groups if the tool is being used with groupings?
- can the activity be editable after the first learner joined? (in some cases this might not be necessary. Think forum or chat)
- does the tool support any kind of marking?
- does it provide URL for a single learner view (for Monitor's learners tab)?
- does it run?
- does the tool workflow works as its meant?
- does it implement "read-only" mode?
- does it work when lock when finished?
- does it implement run-offline and define in monitor?
- does 'lock when finish' work?
- if it make use of text areas (for answers and the like), does it wrap the text properly (
n to <br>)?
Admin (after 2.0)
- does it have a admin url?
- does it implement define default tool content?
- does it provide tools statistics?