The Add Lesson Wizard is a new feature added to LAMS in version 2.3.
It replaces the 'Add Sequence' dialogs from previous versions.
Using the Add Lesson Wizard
To open the Add Lesson Wizard, click thebutton for a group (or for subgroups).
Note that you need monitoring privileges to be able to add a lesson to a group.
This will open the Add Lesson Wizard:
This allows you to select sequences from your Personal Folder, your Groups folder and the Public folder.
If you don't need to configure other options, clickwill start the lesson immediately.
Selecting Learners and Monitors
The Class tab allows you to select the teachers and monitors for the lesson.
You can drag-and-drop learners and monitors from the unselected to the selected list, and vice versa.
Note that while some monitors may have learner permissions, you cannot drag a monitor to either learners list, or a learner to a monitor list.
Multiple learners or monitors can be selected by holding down the Control key and clicking the user names.
You can add lesson details in the Description field. These will appear when the learner hovers over the sequence name on the Home screen.
- Start in Monitor: When enabled, this option means that the sequence will be set up in LAMS, but not visible to learners ('started') until a monitor chooses 'Start' from the monitoring screen.
In practice, this allows authors to create and set up sequences for a session run by a different monitor.
- Enable Live Edit: Live Editing allows changes to be made to the sequence while it is running. (Click here for more information.) This option turns the feature on or off.
- Enable portfolio export for learner: Learner's can export a portfolio record of their contributions to a Lesson.
This option turns the ability for learners to export their own individual profiles on or off.
(Regardless of this option, sequence Monitors can still export individual and class portfolios from the Monitoring environment.)
- Enable Instant Messaging: This feature enables or disables the Instant Messaging feature for the Lesson. (Click here for more information.)
- Split Learners into separate copies of this lesson?: This option will create multiple instances of the same sequences, with a different set of learners in each instance. The number of learners in each instance can be customised.
- Scheduling: Allows authors to set a predefined time for the sequence to start.