Integrating .LRN with LAMS
The LAMS2-.LRN integration was developed with .LRN 2.3.1, but it should be compatible with all 2.x versions.
LAMS2 .LRN Packages
Before following the steps below, you might want to have a look at this animation that explains how to Integrate and install the LAMS2 packages in .LRN.
Installation Steps - .LRN Side
- Download lams2-dotLRN packages from the downloads page.
- Place the lams2 packages in your packages folder under your .LRN instance folder
- Navigate to Administration > Install Packages > Install from Local
- Select the dotLRN LAMS Integration Applet
- And install the four packages
- Once installed, reboot your AOLServer and go to the Site Map to configure the lams2conf parameters
After you entered these configuration setting, you are done on the .LRN side!
Configuring the LAMS Side
- Follow the instructions to install LAMS. You can either build LAMS from source or follow the instructions for Window Installers or Unix Installers.
- Login to LAMS as sysadmin.
- Goto Sys Admin->Maintain integrated servers->Add New Server.
- Setup the fields to match those that you put on the .LRN side
- The id, key and name should map to the "LAMS SERVER URL", "LAMS SERVER ID" and "LAMS SERVER SECRET KEY" respectively on the LAMS properties page in .LRN (see above).
- Fill in a description of the .LRN server.
- The "Prefix" field denotes a prefix that will be added to all users from .LRN, for example if you put lrn as the prefix and accessed LAMS with a user called "user", their name in LAMS would be "lrn_user".
- The 'disabled' checkbox disables this integration, you can select this later if you wish to disable the connection.
- You can select an existing group to add .LRN users to, or add a new one.
- Enter the User Information URL, this corresponds to the "USER DATA CALLBACK URL". In .LRN these usually is
- You can specify a timeout page that LAMS will go to if there is an error.
And you are done! You can now create and access LAMS lessons from .LRN.
Help, Questions, Comments?
If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the LAMS Community Tech Forums