Big Blue Button have published some great video tutorials about the available features of their software, and how to use them. Click here to view them…
Launching the Web Conferece
In sequences that contain a Big Blue Button web conference, a monitor must launch the conference before it can be accessed by Learners.
Here are the steps to do this:
- Launch the sequence containing the BBB if you haven't done so already.
- Open the Monitoring environment for the sequence.
- Select the 'Sequence' tab — it's the second one along.
- Double click on the Big Blue Button conference.
- In the new window that opens, select 'Start Conference'
- The Big Blue Button applet will load in a new window.
Usually, the conference should be started by the person delivering the slides or lecture, however you can transfer presenter privileges once a session has commenced.
Once the conference has loaded, Learners will be able to access the session.
Until a Monitor initiates the BBB session, learners are presented with a message that says:
The Web Conference is not available yet as your instruction hasn't started. Please see your instructor for further details.
Ending a Session
At present, Big Blue Button conference sessions will end and reset once the initial presenter exits the session.
Big Blue Button are working on a session record feature which will be released soon.