You can create Gates in one of two ways:
- Add a Gate to a Transition Line
- Create a transition line between two activities.
- Double-click the transition line to bring up a prompt where you can select a type of Gate.
- From the Flow Menu
- Click the Flow Menu, then select Gate.
- Click on the Authoring Space to place the Gate in the sequence.
- Create transition lines to and from the Gate.
Gates do not have Properties pages, as all options can be changed by using the Properties Inspector.
Types of Gates
There are three different Gating modes available:
- The gate will open when all learners in the sequence have reached the gate. This Gating method can be used to ensure that learners reach a particular activity in a sequence simultaneously.
- The gate will open after a certain amount of time from when the sequence is first activated. LAMS will display the time when the Gate will be opened to Learners when they reach the Gate in the Learning Environment.
- The time between sequence start and gate release must be specified in the Properties Inspector.
- The gate is opened from the monitoring environment. LAMS informs the users that they must wait for a monitor to open the Gate before progressing. See Gate Monitoring Instructions for more details.