Noticeboard Activity Authoring
All properties sheets contain three tabs:
- The Basic tab controls the content of the activity.
- The Advanced tab controls how the activity behaves.
- The Instructions tab allows authors to comment on the activity itself.
Basic tab for the Noticeboard Activity
View of the Noticeboard Activity Basic tab.
There are two features on the basic tab common to all activities:
- Title: All Activities have a web page title which is presented at the top of the activity page when displayed in the Learning Environment. This is NOT the same title as the Title that can be set using the Properties Inspector.
- Instructions: All Activities have a text area that is presented beneath the title. This is where the main activity text to be displayed to learners is entered. The text can be formatted using the Rich-Text Editor. Image, Video, Audio and URL content can also be displayed in the Instructions area.
Advanced tab for the Noticeboard Activity
View of the Noticeboard Activity Advanced tab.
- Add Notebook... : This option is available on all Activities. Enabling this option creates a Notebook as part of the Activity, which Learner's can use to reflect on the activity just completed. The reflections are personal (ie: not shared with other learners).
View of the Instructions tab. This is the same for all activities.
The Instructions tab contains the same features for all Activities.
It allows the Author to create specific instructions for the activity, as well as upload files that may be useful for running the activity (ie: support documents, etc.). It is a resource that can be used by teachers who are running the sequence for their learners. (In the Monitoring Environment, the Instructions for an Activity can be viewed by double clicking the activity on the Sequence tab and then selecting the Instructions tab.
The instructions can be retrieved by other authors who open the activity, or by monitors running the sequence.
There are two types of Instruction possible, Offline and Online, depending on the mode that the teacher wishes to run the activity. The feature is useful for teachers who are sharing sequences with their colleagues as it provides an area where the Author can describe any learning objectives and/or the specific purpose of the activity.
Branching Conditions for Noticeboard
The noticeboard activity does not support output conditions.