The Q&A Tool now supports Text Based Conditions (see See LDEV-1918 on bugs.lamsfoundation.org). This means that Learners can be assigned to groups or streamed along branches according to their responses to a Q&A Activity.
- To add a new condition to a Q&A, first click the new Conditions Tab at the top of the screen, then click Add Condition.
- A unique name must be given to each condition created for the activity. It's best practice to relate the name to what the condition is testing for, such as: "Answered Blue" or "Mentioned Oxygen".
- For each condition, there are several options for how to search the Learners responses:
- Have all of these words: will seperate the learners who have entered each of the given words as part of their response.
- Have this exact wording: will seperate the learners who have entered the exact phrase as part their response.
- Have none of these words: will seperate the learners who have mentioned at least one of the given words as part of their response.
- Have none of these unwanted words: seperates the learners who have not mentioned any of the given words.
- These rules can be used simultaneously, and also can be applied to one or more seperate questions.
Conditions can be very specific:
... less specific...
... and very complex!