Submit Files Activity Authoring
All properties sheets contain three tabs:
- The Basic tab controls the content of the activity.
- The Advanced tab controls how the activity behaves.
- The Instructions tab allows authors to comment on the activity itself.
- An additional Conditions tab is visible where the activity allows Authors to customise the activity outputs for branching or grouping operations.
Basic tab for the Submit Files Activity
View of the Submit Files Activity Basic tab.
There are two features on the basic tab common to all activities:
- Title: All Activities have a web page title which is presented at the top of the activity page when displayed in the Learning Environment. This is NOT the same title as the Title that can be set using the Properties Inspector.
- Instructions: All Activities have a text area that is presented beneath the title. This is where the main activity text to be displayed to learners is entered. The text can be formatted using the Rich-Text Editor. Image, Video, Audio and URL content can also be displayed in the Instructions area.
Advanced tab for the Submit Files Activity
View of the Submit Files Activity Advanced tab.
- Lock When Finished: The Submit Files activity automatically locks when the group report is submitted.
This cannot be disabled.
- Add Notebook... : This option is available on all Activities. Enabling this option on Submit Files prevents learners from adding more files to the activity. Once Learners click 'Finish', the activity is marked as Read Only for that learner.
Learners can still return to the activity using the progress bar to view their uploaded files.
Advanced Features Specific to the Submit Files Activity
- Limit Number of Files…: This is a specific option for the Submit Files activity. By enabling this option, you can specify the maximum number of individual files that Learners are permitted to add to the activity. You can specify a limit from 1 to 5.
- Notify learners when marks are released: When enabled, this option will send an email to learners when a monitor clicks "Release Marks". ((!)This option requires entering email server details in LAMS Configuration. If this option does not work, contact your System Administrator.)
The email format is:
- Notify monitoring teachers when a learner submits a File: Similar to the above, this option when enabled will send an email to any sequence Monitors whenever a Learner submits a file to the activity. ( See the above note on LAMS Configuration)
View of the Instructions tab. This is the same for all activities.
The Instructions tab contains the same features for all Activities.
It allows the Author to create specific instructions for the activity, as well as upload files that may be useful for running the activity (ie: support documents, etc.). It is a resource that can be used by teachers who are running the sequence for their learners. (In the Monitoring Environment, the Instructions for an Activity can be viewed by double clicking the activity on the Sequence tab and then selecting the Instructions tab.
The instructions can be retrieved by other authors who open the activity, or by monitors running the sequence.
There are two types of Instruction possible, Offline and Online, depending on the mode that the teacher wishes to run the activity. The feature is useful for teachers who are sharing sequences with their colleagues as it provides an area where the Author can deSubmit Files any learning objectives and/or the specific purpose of the activity.
Branching Conditions for Submit Files
At this time, there are no output conditions for the Submit Files activity.