View of the Spreadsheet Monitoring Summary tab with marking features enabled.
Double Clicking a Spreadsheet activity on the Sequence tab opens the Summary Screen for the Activity.
The contents displayed on the Spreadsheet summary screen depend on the options selected when the activity was authored. In the activity shown here, Learners can submit individual spreadsheets, and monitor marking has been enabled.
The Summary Screen shows the names of the Learners who have submitted a spreadsheet and provides an interface for monitors to assign marks to Learner contributions. It also displays which spreadsheets have or have not been marked.
- Learner: Clicking the learner's name will open their spreadsheet (as saved in the sequence) in a seperate window.
- Marked?: This column dynamically changes according to whether or not the submission has been marked or not.\
- Mark Buttons: These open the marking interface where a monitor can insert a numerical mark and leave a comment for the learner.\
- View All Marks: displays a list of all marks assigned to learners.
- Release Marks: will display the learner's marks in the sequence view. Learners must log back in to the sequence to view their marks.
If your System Administrator has configured Email notifications, Learners will recieve an email from LAMS when the marks are released.
- Download Marks: Allows monitors to download the learner marks in a Spreadsheet (.xls) format.
View of the Chat Monitoring Instructions tab.
In the Authoring Environment, Authors can use the Instructions Space to attach support files for a specific activity, or leave comments for othe Monitors about how a given activity should be run.
In Submit Files, the Author may suggest instructions for submitting files offline (e.g. a hand written or printed essay) if learners aqnd teachers are more comfortable with that format.
Clicking the Edit Activity button opens a new screen identical to the _'Basic'_tab in the authoring environment.
LAMS versions 2.1 and up support editing of Spreadsheet activities after one or more Learners have attempted the activity, but provide a notice warning monitors that changing the content will result in students receiving different information:
Warning: One of more students have accessed this activity. Changing this content will result in students getting different information.
Unlike Live Edit, this form of Editing can only modify the content of an activity, as opposed to the structure of a sequence.
Features described on this page are currently under development.
Described specifications and features may change in the future.