Monitoring Task List
View of the Task List Monitoring Summary tab.
The Summary Tab for Task List allows Monitors to see which tasks have been completed by Learners at a glance.
- Where a learner has completed a task, that task is marked with a symbol.
- Where a task has not been completed, LAMS displays a bold dash ( — ) symbol.
If the Monitor needs to verify these tasks... option has been selected on the advanced authoring tab, the Monitor will see the option to Confirm Completion of tasks for each learner. When the Verify option has been selected, the Sequence Monitor must confirm that each learner has completed the assigned tasks before they can move on to the next activity in the sequence.
Detailed Task Summary
View of Detailed Task Summary screen.
By clicking on the hyperlinked task name at the top of each column, Monitors can view more detailed information about that particular task.
The detailed task summary displays the properties of the task (such as whether or not there is a parent task, or whether adding comments or files is permitted), and allows Monitors to download Learner attachments or view Learner comments, where applicable.
View of the Monitoring Instructions tab.
In the Authoring Environment, Authors can use the Instructions Space to attach support files for a specific activity, or leave comments for othe Monitors about how a given activity should be run.
These comments and files can be viewed from here - the Instructions Tab.
Clicking the Edit Activity button opens a new screen identical to the _'Basic'_tab in the authoring environment.
- In LAMS Version 2.0.4, Live Editing can only be performed on activities that students have not yet reached.
- LAMS Version 2.1+ has Revised Live Edit Permissions (click here for details) that allow Monitors to modify activities that have already been attempted by Learners.
Unlike Live Edit, this form of Editing can only modify the content of an activity, as opposed to the structure of a sequence.
View of the Task List Statistics tab.
The Task List Summary screen displays:
- The title of each task
- Who suggested each task (typically the monitor who started the lesson, unless Allow Learners to Create their own tasks has been enabled.
- The total number of learners who have completed each particular task.