LAMS Integration with Sakai
If you want to try the LAMS - Sakai integration, we have set up a Sakai server where you can experience the integration for yourself without having to install it.
Follow the animation to self-register into the Sakai server and you are ready to go!
Getting the LAMS-Sakai Module
You can download the LAMS module for Sakai from our Downloads or you can download the source straight from our CVS server
2. Checkout the lams project from the Sakai subversion repository at https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/lams
For help using subversion, please see here
You will need to place the project under the sakai-src folder. This is required since the project references the master/project.xml file.
3. From the lams directory, run the command
Sakai 2.4 or earlier: maven bld dpl
Sakai 2.5 or later: mvn clean install sakai:deploy
4. Add the following lines in the sakai.properties file. This is located in the CATALINA_HOME/sakai directory.
lamstwo.serverId = <server id>
lamstwo.serverKey = <server key>
lamstwo.serverAddr = <lams server address>
lamstwo.requestSrc = <request source>
Substitute <server id>, <server key>, <lams server address> and <request source> with appropriate values
6. Start Tomcat and check for any start up errors.
Setting LAMS Up
Once you have installed the LAMS-Sakai Module in Sakai, now you need to set up LAMS:
1. login in LAMS as a sysadmin (the user that you created at installation time)
2. Select the "Sys Admin" link.
3. Select "Maintain Integrated Servers".
4. Setup the fields as appropriate.
- Id: this is the server identification string that we will use to individually identify the LMS server that will be "talking" to LAMS.
- Key: this is the secret key that both systems will be used to encrypt the hash when doing authentication. Make sure you keep your server key private
- Name: the server name
- Description: a meaningful server description
- Prefix: the prefix that the usernames will have in LAMS. (usually just one or two letters will do)
- Organisation: Either use an existing Group within LAMS (from the Group Adminstration screens) or create a new Group.
- User Information URL: This is the callback userinfo URLthat is used by LAMS to retrieve personal information about the user from the LMS.
- Timeout URL: A webpage that should be displayed if the LAMS/Sakai timeout trying to talk to each other.
- User Information URL: If you run sakai using "http://<sakai server>/portal/" then the URL is
Once you set this up, you are done!
Post a message in the Tech Forums in the LAMS Community.