Authoring Submit Files
All properties sheets contain three tabs:
- Basic: Which controls the Content of the Activity.
- Advanced: Which controls the Behaviour of the Activity.
- Instructions: Provides information on the structure of the activity.
Click to magnify thumbnail
The Basic Tab for the Submit Files Activity allows you to specify a title for the activity, and give learners a set of instructions for completing the activity:
- Title: All Activities have a web page title which is presented at the top of the activity page when displayed in the Learning Environment. This is NOT the same title as the Title that can be set using the Properties Inspector.
- *Instructions:*All Activities have a text area that is presented beneath the title. This is where the main activity text to be displayed to learners is entered. The text can be formatted using the Rich-Text Editor. Image, Video, Audio and URL content can also be displayed in the Instructions area.
- Specific Features: The Submit Files activity has no specific features on the Basic tab.
Click to magnify thumbnail.
- Lock When Finished: This option is available on all Activities. Enabling this option prevents learners from (in this case) adding more files to the activity. Once Learner's click 'Finish', the activity is marked as Read Only for that learner.
- *Limit Number of Files... :*This is a specific option for the Submit Files activity. By enabling this option, you can specify the maximum number of individual files that Learners are permitted to add to the activity. You can specify a limit from 1 to 5.
- Add Notebook... : This option is available on all Activities. Enabling this option creates a Notebook as part of the Activity, which Learner's can use to reflect on the activity just completed. The reflections are personal (ie: not shared with other learners).
View of the Instructions tab. This is the same for all activities.
The Instructions tab contains the same features for all Activities.
It allows the Author to create specific instructions for the activity, as well as upload files that may be useful for running the activity (ie: support documents, etc.). It is a resource that can be used by teachers who are running the sequence for their learners. (In the Monitoring Environment, the Instructions for an Activity can be viewed by double clicking the activity on the Sequence tab and then selecting the Instructions tab.
There are two types of Instruction possible, Offline and Online, depending on the mode that the teacher wishes to run the activity. The feature is useful for teachers who are sharing sequences with their colleagues as it provides an area where the Author can describe any learning objectives and/or the specific purpose of the activity.