Click to enlarge
2. Open the 'LAMS/RAMS' folder in the New Project Wizard and , select 'LAMS/RAMS Tool Project' and click 'next'.
3. The next screen should appear, you are now in the Toolbuilder wizard.
4. Select the template you wish to make your new LAMS tool from and click the 'next' button.
Click to enlarge
5. Now you are in the project meta-data page, you need to enter the some information about your new tool.
6. Enter the new project name, this will be the name of the folder that contains the LAMS tool project in eclipse, for example lams_tool_forum
7. Enter the tool the tool signature, the tool signature should follow the form mmttttvv wher the mm is a two-letter abbreviation of the tool maker, tttt is a four-letter abrieviation of the tool name, and vv is a two-digit representaion of the major and minor verions. For example in the tool signature 'lafrum11', the 'la' represents LAMS, the 'frum' represents forum and the '11' represents version 1.1. Tool signature can also be abbreviated in the forms: mmtvv, mmttvv or mmtttvv, but no longer.
8. Enter your tool name, this will be used to translate the files in your chosen template.
9. Enter the vendor, this can be the organisation you work for or your name, or whatever you choose to call it.
10. Enter the tool version, this is an 8-digit number representing the date of tool creation in the form YYYYMMDD
11. Enter the minimum LAMS server version, if your tool requires a certain version of LAMS, be sure to enter it here.
12. Select the type of tool you wish to make, LAMS or RAMS.
13. If you don't want the tool to be displayed as a standalone tool in author or learner, select no in the 'Make Tool Visible' box.
14. Clicking 'finish' will start the project creation process, this should take a few moments to finish.