The Web Conferencing Activity provides a simple way to integrate Big Blue Button web conferences into a LAMS sequence.
Web Conferencing is a web service that provides document, whiteboard and desktop sharing through a browser environment, which means that there is no software to download for attendees.
A video user guide for Web conferencing is available here.
Setting Up Big Blue Button Web Conferencing and LAMS
Installing Big Blue Button
Big Blue Button is available as a VMWare based virtual image. This means that the Big Blue Button installation can be run from any operating system.
- A user guide for installing the VMware appliance is here.
- VMWare Player can be downloaded from here.
Daniel Schneider also provides this good tutorial on how to install Big Blue Button.
Once you have a Big Blue Button Server up and running, there are several configuration changes in LAMS that are required.
You will need to have System Administration privileges to perform these changes.
If you are not the system administrator, contact the person who is.
- Select System Administration
- Select Tool Management
- Scroll down to Web Conferencing Tool and select Tool Management
- Enter the security salt and URL of the Big Blue Button server and click Save.