- Shutdown LAMS. You must shutdown LAMS - you cannot do the restore with people using LAMS.
- The LAMS folder contains a utility "Restore previous LAMS version" (lams-restore.exe). This was added in LAMS 2.0.3. Run this program.
- If you didn't shutdown LAMS before running the Restore program, it will prompt you to shutdown LAMS.
- It will ask you for the directory that contains the backup. Select the directory and click "Restore LAMS". This will start the restore. There are a lot of files to copy, so it might take a while.
- Once it is finished, you can start up LAMS as usual.
Warning title May need to run the executable from the backup directory We sometimes found that the running the lams-restore.exe from the c:\lams directory doesn't restore all the files or the database properly. If you run the restore and end up with an empty database or you try to run LAMS and get the error "Could not start LAMSv2 service: \ [SC\] StartService FAILED 3: The system cannot find the path specified" then you have this problem. Wiki Markup
It is very easy to fix. Copy lams-restore.exe to the backup directory (e.g. C:\lams-2.0.3-200706221144.bak) then run lams-restore.exe from the backup directory. We find this works every time!
We are working on a fix for this problem.