- Follow the steps at in the Blackboard Setup guide to install Blackboard. Make sure you follow the correct setup guide for your version as the installation steps can change from version to version. The setup guides can be found at https://behind.blackboard.com/s/developer/refcenter/docs/.
NOTE: You will need to install service pack 3 of SQL Server 2000 if you are using the Windows Server 2003/SQL Server 2000 configuration
This is not included in the setup guide.
- Download lams2-bb-plugin.war from the downloads page.
- Login to Blackboard as Administrator.
- Navigate to System Admin->Building Blocks->Install Building Block
- Click on Browse, locate lams2-bb-plugin.war then submit.
- Go back to the Building Blocks page, you should now see an entry in the list of Building Blocks called LAMS2. Select "Available" in the Availability drop-down menu for LAMS2 and click Ok.
- After you have made LAMS2 available in Blackboard, a "Properties" button should appear in the Building Blocks page for the LAMS2 module. Click on it.
- Fill in the LAMS server url, this is the url that points to the login page for LAMS. The same as the server URL set during LAMS installation.
NOTE: Make sure you use lower case-letters for the server id and secret key, as upper-case letters have proven to cause problems in hashing.
- 9. Set the LAMS server ID, this should be set the same on the LAMS server.
10. Set the LAMS server secret key, also the same as on the LAMS server.
11. Set the Blackboard request src, this is an arbitrary string that the LAMS server uses when returning calls to Blackboard.
12. A User data callback URL is shown in this page, this URL provides LAMS with dynamic user provisioning data. You will need this URL for LAMS integration configuration.
13. Configure the LAMS side of the integration. Please refer to the next section "Configuring the LAMS side".
14. To enable the LAMS Building Block for each course, login as the course instructor, the navigate to Manage Tools->Content Type Availability. Select the LAMS2 content type and click submit.
Configuring the LAMS Side