LAMS Integration with Blackboard
The LAMS2-Blackboard integration was developed with Blackboard Version 7.3, but it should be compatible with all 7.x versions.
- Follow the steps at in the Blackboard Setup guide to install Blackboard. Make sure you follow the correct setup guide for your version as the installation steps can change from version to version. The setup guides can be found at https://behind.blackboard.com/s/developer/refcenter/docs/.
- Download lams2-bb-plugin.war from the downloads page.
- Login to Blackboard as Administrator.
- Navigate to System Admin->Building Blocks->Install Building Block
- Click on Browse, locate lams2-bb-plugin.war then submit.
- Go back to the Building Blocks page, you should now see an entry in the list of Building Blocks called LAMS2. Select "Available" in the Availability drop-down menu for LAMS2 and click Ok.
- After you have made LAMS2 available in Blackboard, a "Properties" button should appear in the Building Blocks page for the LAMS2 module. Click on it.
8. Fill in the LAMS server url, this is the url that points to the login page for LAMS. The same as the server URL set during LAMS installation.
9. Set the LAMS server ID, this should be set the same on the LAMS server.
10. Set the LAMS server secret key, also the same as on the LAMS server.
11. Set the Blackboard request src, this is an arbitrary string that the LAMS server uses when returning calls to Blackboard.
12. A User data callback URL is shown in this page, this URL provides LAMS with dynamic user provisioning data. You will need this URL for LAMS integration configuration.
13. Configure the LAMS side of the integration. Please refer to the previous Moodle heading under "On the LAMS side".
14. To enable the LAMS Building Block for each course, login as the course instructor, the navigate to Manage Tools->Content Type Availability. Scroll down to the LAMS2 content type, select it and click submit.
15. You should now be able to view and add LAMS2 content to your courses.