If you want to try the LAMS - Sakai integration, we have set up a Sakai server where you can experience the integration for yourself without having to install it.
Follow the animation to self-register into the Sakai server and you are ready to go!
You can download the LAMS module for Sakai from our [Downloads] or you can download the source straight from our CVS server
2. Checkout the lams project from the Sakai subversion repository at https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/lams
For help using subversion, please see here
You will need to place the project under the sakai-src folder. This is required since the project references the master/project.xml file.
3. From the lams directory, run the command
Sakai 2.4 or earlier: maven bld dpl
Sakai 2.5 or later: mvn clean install sakai:deploy
4. Add the following lines in the sakai.properties file. This is located in the CATALINA_HOME/sakai directory.
lamstwo.serverId = <server id>
lamstwo.serverKey = <server key>
lamstwo.serverAddr = <lams server address>
lamstwo.requestSrc = <request source>
Substitute <server id>, <server key>, <lams server address> and <request source> with appropriate values
6. Start Tomcat and check for any start up errors.
Once you have installed the LAMS-Sakai Module in Sakai, now you need to set up LAMS:
1. login in LAMS as a sysadmin (the user that you created at installation time)
2. Select the "Sys Admin" link.
3. Select "Maintain Integrated Servers".
4. Setup the fields as appropriate.
- Id: this is the server identification string that we will use to individually identify the LMS server that will be "talking" to LAMS.
- Key: this is the secret key that both systems will be used to encrypt the hash when doing authentication. Make sure you keep your server key private
- Name: the server name
- Description: a meaningful server description
- Prefix: the prefix that the usernames will have in LAMS. (usually just one or two letters will do)
- Organisation: Either use an existing Group within LAMS (from the Group Adminstration screens) or create a new Group.
- User Information URL: This is the callback userinfo URLthat is used by LAMS to retrieve personal information about the user from the LMS.
- Timeout URL: A webpage that should be displayed if the LAMS/Sakai timeout trying to talk to each other.
- User Information URL: If you run sakai using "http://<sakai server>/portal/" then the URL is
Once you set this up, you are done!
Post a message in the Tech Forums in the LAMS Community.