This page is a short record of the database changes, changes to configuration files (anything under lams_build/conf) and lams-www changes. This will be used as the basis for updates for the installers/upgraders, so any changes not recorded here may not make the upgrader.
Originally this page was only for db updates but from 2.1 onwards it will have the configuration and lams-www changes.
- Removed columns weight and disabled from the table tl_lamc11_que_content (Multiple Choice Tool)
- Removed column time_zone from the table tl_lamc11_usr_attempt (Multiple Choice Tool)
- Added new lams_configuration table (lams.xml to DB)
- alter table tl_lascrb11_user add started_activity bit;
Since RC1 Oct 20th
- Removed row from lams_configuration (LamsHome)
- Added new row to lams_configuration (AuthoringActivitiesColour)
- Added column version int(11) not null to tl_lascrb11_session (Scribe Tool)
- Added new row to lams_role, lams_privilege, and lams_role_privilege (author admin) http://lamscvs.melcoe.mq.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/lams_common/db/sql/insert_types_data.sql.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.57&r2=text&tr2=1.58&diff_format=h
- Removed row from lams_configuration (FileManagerDir)
- Added new row to lams_configuration (AllowDirectLessonLaunch)
Modified rows in lams_configuration ([Author|Monitor|Learner]ClientVersion)
- added column version int(11) not null to tl_lafrum11_tool_session;
- added column report_submitted bit(1) to tl_lascrb11_session
- tool version number updates (from '1.1' to '20061102')
- tool default content updates
- update tl_lascrb11_scribe set title='Scribe', instructions='Instructions', online_instructions="", offline_instructions="" where uid=1;
Since RC2 Nov 5th
- removed voteChangable column from tl_lavote11_content
- added lockWhenFinished tinyint(1) not null default 1 column to tl_laqa11_content
- added showOtherAnswers tinyint(1) not null default 1 column to tl_laqa11_content
- added randomize tinyint(1) not null default 0 column to tl_lamc11_content
- added displayOrder int(5) column to tl_lamc11_options_content
- tl_lavote11_content - lock_on_finish default 1 (not 0)
- lams_tool - update laqa11/lavote11/lamc11 set version = 20061113
- tl_lamc11_content - add column showMarks tinyint(1) not null default 0
- lams_lesson - learner_exportport_avail TINYINT(1)
- insert into lams_configuration (config_key, config_value) values ('LAMS_Community_enable','false');
- Changed ServerVersionNumber to include 2.0 RC2
- INSERT INTO lams_supported_locale (locale_id, language_iso_code, country_iso_code, description, direction) VALUES (22, 'vi', 'VN', 'Tiáº¿ng Viá»?t', 'LTR');
Since November 22nd
- update lams_role set name='GROUP MANAGER' where role_id=2;
- update lams_role set description='Group Manager' where role_id=2;
- update lams_role set name='GROUP ADMIN' where role_id=6;
- update lams_role set description='Group Administrator' where role_id=6;
- alter table lams_organisation add column archived_date datetime;
- INSERT INTO lams_supported_locale (locale_id, language_iso_code, country_iso_code, description, direction) VALUES (23, 'zh', 'TW', 'Chinese (Taiwan)', 'LTR');
- update lams_configuration set config_value='2.0' where config_key='Version';
- update lams_configuration set config_value='2.0.200612051427' where config_key='AuthoringClientVersion';
- update lams_configuration set config_value='2.0.200612051427' where config_key='MonitorClientVersion';
- update lams_configuration set config_value='2.0.200612051427' where config_key='LearnerClientVersion';
- update lams_configuration set config_value='2.0.200612051427' where config_key='ServerVersionNumber';
- update lams_configuration set config_value='2006-12-05' where config_key='DictionaryDateCreated';
From LAMS 2.0 to LAMS 2.0.1 Beta (lams2_0_1_beta 22 Feb 07)
- Changed size of locale_id column from TINYINT(4) to INTEGER. This required changing three tables - lams_supported_locale, lams_user and lams_organisation. A script to update a 2.0 database can be found in lams_common/sql/update/alter_201_locale_id.sql
- alter table lams_lesson add column learner_exportport_avail tinyint(1);
- Added a new column "image_directory" to the table lams_css_theme_ve. A script to update a 2.0 database can be found in lams_common/sql/update/alter_201_theme.sql. This includes code to set up the appropriate values for the current default theme.
- Script alter_201_system_tool_user_workspace.sql:
- Updated the Learner Progress URL for grouping - data change rather than ddl change.
- Added new column change_password to lams_user, defaults to 0 (false). Script also sets an initial value of 0 for any existing users in the system
- Survey Tool: Changed column for text entry answers from varchar(255) to text. Script is updateTo20070208. Also updated the tool version (to 20070208) in the tool table entry in tool_insert.sql script.
- Extend the length of the login name to from varchar(20) to varchar(255). This requires changes to the following projects:
- lams_common. Update done as part of the alter_201_system_tool_user_workspace.sql update.
- lams_workspace_folder. Increased size of name field from varchar(64) to varchar(255). Update done as part of the alter_201_system_tool_user_workspace.sql update
- lams_tool_lamc. Updated both the login and fullname columns. Script updateTo20070214.sql, changed build.properties to have new version number (20070214)
- lams_tool_laqa. Updated both the login and fullname columns. Script updateTo20070214.sql, changed build.properties to have new version number (20070214)
- lams_tool_nb. Updated both the login and fullname columns. Script updateTo20070214.sql, changed build.properties to have new version number (20070214)
- lams_tool_vote. Updated both the login and fullname columns. Script updateTo20070214.sql, changed build.properties to have new version number (20070214)
- Added 3 new columns to lams_tool table - see alter_201_tool.sql
- summary of update scripts:
From LAMS 2.0.1 Beta to LAMS 2.0.1
- All of the tools have a script that populates the 3 new columns in the lams_tool table.
- lams_common/db/sql/updatescripts/alter_201_ext.sql: changes external server orgs from root/course to course/class types, removes group manager from external users
- summary of update scripts:
From LAMS 2.0.1 LAMS 2.0.2
lams_tool: The tool version for noticeboard, chat, scribe are now 20070315. Started change the classpath entry to the format "lams-tool-blah.jar", not "./lams-tool-blah.jar" - new installations will get it without "./" but upgraded versions from 2.0.2 will get a mixture of the two formats. Given that this change just makes the classpaths in the Manifest files shorter, it is not an essential change if upgrading a server.
From LAMS 2.0.2 LAMS 2.0.3
- Chat tool. Added new column room_created to the lachat11_session table. DDL Script to update tables is in lams_tool_chat\db\sql\updatescripts\updateTo20070524.sql. There is also a Java program that needs to be run to update existing data - see Anthony for details.
- Core table changes: See the scripts
- alter_203_learner_progress.sql (for LDEV-1198)
- alter_203_transition.sql (for LDEV-1229).
- Tool changes - apart from the Chat tool (above) there are no database changes, but the min server setting (in the tool deploy) needs to be updated to the new server version as has the tool version, as all of the tools have had a code change due to the tool contract has changing in this version.
From LAMS 2.0.3 to 2.0.4
We found out after the Windows 2.0.3 upgrader was released that we missed the following code from the editonthefly script. So it will go out in a 2.0.4 release.
From LAMS 2.0.3/2.0.4 to 2.0.6
In the ldap2_0_4 branch:
- lams_common/db/sql/updatescripts/alter_205_ldap.sql adds ldap parameters to lams_configuration, updates server version
- lams_common/db/sql/updatescripts/alter_206_integration.sql removes 'not null' from orgid field in lams_ext_server_org_map
- lams_common/db/sql/updatescripts/Alter21Integration.java makes integration classes into courses and adds workspaces (see above).
lams_admin, lams_central, lams_common, lams_monitoring
From LAMS 2.0.4 to 2.1 Beta
- Core tables: alter_21_branching.sql (LDEV-1109). New rows in some of the core tables and a new table added.
- 26 new ldap related rows in lams_configuration.
- 1 new row for the learner progress batch size in lams_configuration.
- All rows in lams_configuration updated to include decriptions and their headings.
- index page stuff for collapsible courses and lesson sorting
- lams-www: WEB-INF/lams.tld and WEB-INF/tags/* have been updated - take all the files.
- jsmath has been updated: Basically update everything except the fonts subfolder. That would make it easiest. The fonts folder is almost never updated (on the jsmath website, it's a separate download). It's also where most of the small 1kb files come from, so should help cut down the size. (see Jun-Dir for more details)
- Multiple Choice Tool: tl_lamc11_que_usr has two new columns (last_attempt_order, last_attempt_total_mark) and the version number is now 20070820. The update script is updateTo20070820.sql. Performance improvements to learning and monitoring. One change to the I18N files.
- Scribe: tl_lascrb11_scribe has one new column (aggregated_reports) and the version number is now 20071113.
- updated login-config.xml; lamsauthentication.xml is deprecated.
- Added a new folder to lams-www: web/help. In this folder, we add pdf files (as "troubleshoot-<language>_<locale>.pdf"). These files are then retrieved to a help link in the login page see LDEV-907 for further details.
- Alter21Integration.java (LDEV-1284). Modifies integration orgs and adds workspaces. Run like this (the arguments in the 2nd line are db name, db user, and db password):
- log4j.xml file has had the date format changed. Get the new file and change the logging to INFO level.
From 2.1 Beta to 2.1 RC1
- new default value of lockOnFinish=0
- lams_tool_vote/db/sql/updatescripts/updateTo20080108.sql (later replaced with updateTo20080326.sql)
- New files in the lams_www war need to be included:
- lams_central: fckeditor update - all files in lams_central.war/fckeditor/_source should be removed from existing systems.
- lams_common/db/sql/updatescripts/alter_21_fixgroupings.sql: A fix to data problem seen on Demo. Will clean up this problem if it exists on
other people's servers.
- Add something in the LAMS 2.1 announcement that lets people know about the FCKEditor upgrade
- Universal Key has been removed for licensing reasons
- Holding down the Control / Open Apple key and right mouse clicking shows the browser's popup menu (handy for spell checking in Firefox)
- New Template button in authoring. Existing templates can be modified or new ones added in lams_www.war/html_templates.xml
- New Flash Movie button in authoring.
- New core table lams_password_request added to support the lost password feature. Include in script alter_21_groupings_fckeditor.sql.
- New rows added to lams_configuration for LDEV-273, updated in alter_21_groupings_fckeditor.sql
- AllowForgotPasswordEmail (required)
- SysadminSupportEmail (not required)
- Added new jar file to common jars: commons-io-1.4.jar. This requires an update to application.xml, as well as including
the jar in the upgrader.
- LDEV-1530. Forum: Added column authored_parent_uid to tl_lafrum11_message
- demo.lamscommunity.org updated from 2.1 beta using the above changes on 26/2/08
- Add enable_flash column to lams_user; add EnableFlash row to lams_configuration (included in alter_21_branching.sql)
- Added two new configuration settings for a custom tab. (included in alter 21_branching.sql)
- LDEV-1511 update myisam tables to innodb
From 2.1 RC1 to 2.1
- LDEV-1579, LDEV-1594: New column added to lams_tool table supports_outputs. Should be 1 for forum, mcq and voting, 0 for all other tools. Forum, mcq and voting tool also updated.
- LDEV-1597: New column in voting to control whether or not to show the voting results. (updateTo20080326.sql, replacing updateTo20080108.sql)
- LDEV-1598: Added four new configuration settings for adjusting screen (pop-up window) sizes. (included in alter_21_branching.sql)
- LDEV-273: Added (non-unique) index on the lams_user.email field, as the Forgot password logic is to allow lookup on email address only.
- Copyright.jsp (in lams_www) has been updated
- The following configuration items were marked as mandatory when they shouldn't have been. The alter_21_branching.sql script has been modified. LamsSupportEmail , SMTPServer , XmppAdmin, XmppConference, XmppDomain, XmppPassword.
- LDEV-1702: Added correct Japanese characters for the language description in lams_supported_locale. The sql update command was put in the alter_21_groupings_fckeditor.sql script for the update.
- LDEV-1707: Changed type of marks for the File Submission tool from bigint to float. The conversion seems to happen automatically okay. Changed the version number for the tool to 20080509.
- LDEV-1717: The Quartz db connection was changed to UTF-8. Changed in mysql-ds.ini.
From 2.1 to 2.1.1
- Added new configuration setting for the Gmap tool for the GmapKey required to access the google api. NOTE: MAKE SURE THIS FIELD IS EMPTY FOR 2.1.1 INSTALLS/UPDATES
- insert into lams_configuration (config_key, config_value, description_key, header_name, format, required) values ('GmapKey','', 'config.gmap.gmapkey', 'config.gmap.section.title', 'STRING', 0);
- Modified lams_build/conf/unix/jboss/tomcat/context.xml and lams_build/conf/windows/jboss/tomcat/context.xml (LDEV-1849)
Before doing the 2.1.1 Release, we will need to add the Google Maps key entry to the LAMS Configuration page.