Adding a Google Maps API Key to LAMS.
This procedure is used to incorporate Google Maps into the Gmap activity.
A user with System Administration privileges must perform this operation.
You will also need an active Google account to receive the API key.
- Navigate to the Google Maps API registration page.
- Make sure you click the check box to agree with the Terms and Conditions
- Enter the URL of your lams server.
IMPORTANT! You must include the full location of the server, for example
The API key will not work unless you include the ... /lams/
- Sign in with a Google account.
- Copy the text in the box titled Your key is:
- Log into LAMS using a System Administration account.
- Open Sys Admin
- Open Tool Management
- Scroll down to the Gmap tool and click Tool Management.
- Paste in the API key.
- Click Save
And you're done!
LAMS will now provide Google Maps as requested by the gmap activity